Community Inclusion Specialist (CIS)
CISs have the opportunity to empower individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities by assisting them in making choices and decisions to promote independence and productivity. Responsibilities include planning and engaging individuals in stimulating, meaningful, & functional activities; developing and following a daily schedule of activities, therapeutic services & training; and providing training on accessing and utilizing community resources.
FT (10th Street, Leonine, & Rushpointe) M-F 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m
- Requires strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Must be creative, compassionate, energetic and able to motivate others
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and dependable vehicle
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs or ¼ of own body weight, whichever is less
- Prior knowledge or experience working with individuals with disabilities is preferred, but not required.
- A two-week intensive training prior to working directly with people served by KETCH is required.
- Employees are paid during the training period.
- Classes include CPR/First Aid, Medications, Defensive Driving, and Managing Difficult Behavioral Situations.
Full time benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation/sick/holiday leave, matching 401k plan, and much more!