Community Inclusion Specialist (CIS)
CISs have the opportunity to empower individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities by assisting them in making choices and decisions to promote independence and productivity. Responsibilities include planning and engaging individuals in stimulating, meaningful, and functional activities; developing and following a daily schedule of activities, therapeutic services and training, and providing training on accessing and utilizing community resources.
M-F 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs or 1/4 of own body weight, whichever is less
- Leadership qulaities and experience working with persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities is preferred
- A two-week intensive training prior to working directly with people served by KETCH is required.
- Employees are paid during the training period.
- Classes include CPR/First Aid, Medications, Defensive Driving, and Managing Difficult Behavioral Situations.
Full time benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation/sick/holiday leave, matching 401k plan, and much more!