Direct Support Professional (DSP) – PRN
For day and work programs. DSPs have the opportunity to empower individuals with intellectual / developmental disabilities by assisting them in reaching their independence goals. Responsible for providing support and guidance in the daily schedule of activities, and follow through with each person’s support plan.
Part time – as needed. M-F between 8:00-4:30 (less than 30 hrs/wk).
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and dependable vehicle
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs or ¼ of own body weight, whichever is less.
- Prior knowledge, and/or work experience with individuals with disabilities is preferred, but not required.
- A two-week intensive training prior to working directly with people served by KETCH is required.
- Employees are paid during the training period.
- Classes include CPR/First Aid, Medications, Defensive Driving, and Managing Difficult Behavioral Situations.