Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) – Group Homes
DSPs have the opportunity to support and coach adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in group home settings – to increase their independence. They are responsible for providing training on basic life skills – building self-esteem and assertiveness, making choices and decisions, improving health and safety awareness and participating in the community.
$11/hour, evening/weekend shifts, PT & FT positions with consistent hours
- Requires high school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and a dependable vehicle
- Previous experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities is beneficial
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or ¼ of own body weight (whichever is less).
- Attendance at a two-week, weekday, daytime orientation required – paid training
Full time benefits include health and dental insurance, paid vacation/sick/holiday leave, matching 401k plan, and much more!