Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) – Group Homes
DSPs have the opportunity to support and coach adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities in group home settings – to increase their independence. Responsible to provide training on basic life skills – building self-esteem and assertiveness, making choices and decisions, improving health and safety awareness, and participating in the community.
$9.50-10.50/hour, Evening/weekend shifts, PT & FT positions with consistent hours
- Requires high school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of vehicle insurance
- Previous experience working with individuals with intellectual / developmental disabilities is beneficial, but not required
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or ¼ of own body weight (whichever is less).
- Attendance at a two-week, weekday, daytime orientation required – paid training
- A two-week intensive training prior to working directly with people served by KETCH is required.
- Employees are paid during the training period.
- Classes include CPR/First Aid, Medications, Defensive Driving, and Managing Difficult Behavioral Situations.
Full time benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation/sick/holiday leave, matching 401k plan, and much more!