Life Skills Trainer
This is a great opportunity to empower individuals with severe and multiple disabilities in a day program setting by providing training on basic life skills to promote independence. Life Skills Trainers are responsible for implementing plans and goals specific to each individual, as well as assisting individuals with hygiene and providing some personal care.
FT & PT M-F 8:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m., 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., 7:45 a.m.-3:45 p.m. or PRN – flexible part-time hours
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and conflict resolution skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs or ¼ of own body weight, whichever is less
- Knowledge regarding the needs of individuals with physical and intellectual disabilities is beneficial
- Prior experience working with individuals with disabilities is preferred
Full time benefits include health and dental insurance, paid vacation/sick/holiday leave, matching 401k plan, and much more!