Life Skills Trainer
Life Skills Trainers have the opportunity to work with individuals with severe and multiple disabilities in a day program setting by providing training on basic life skills to promote as much independence as possible. Responsible for implementing plans and goals specific to each individual. Requires assisting individuals with hygiene and providing some personal care. (3- ALS)
FT, M-F 8:00-4:00
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and conflict resolution skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs or ¼ of own body weight, whichever is less
- Knowledge regarding the needs of individuals with physical and intellectual disabilities is beneficial
- Prior experience working with individuals with disabilities is preferred, but not required
- A two-week intensive training prior to working directly with people served by KETCH is required.
- Employees are paid during the training period.
- Classes include CPR/First Aid, Medications, Defensive Driving, and Managing Difficult Behavioral Situations.
Full time benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation/sick/holiday leave, matching 401k plan, and much more!